Sunday, February 7, 2021

Let's talk about number 3

 Ok, I am being super vulnerable sharing that I want to loose 40 pounds. That is not something I ever wanted to say or share….because it means the obvious, that I am 40 pounds overweight.  

That number sounds so HUGE to me.  But here is the deal.  The last couple of years, I have not taken good care of myself.  I let injuries and stress set me back and I packed on over 25 pounds. I knew I had gained, but I recently stumbled across a picture I took while on a trip….and being me I took a photo of a scale I stepped on.  The numbers did not lie and the picture did not lie.  I looked healthier, younger, and happier and that is a look I want back and in this picture, I was 23 pounds lighter than I am right now.

Now that being said, at any weight, when you gain, you can always look back and say you wished you were that size.  I know I could weigh more, and If I did, I would look back at the weight I am now and probably be ok with is, but I want to take control now because I know it only gets harder with time. 


So here is to my journey. Here is to my health. Here is to be better at 40 than at 39, 38, or even 37.


No comments:

Let's Talk About Being Broken

 This year has had some amazing ups and some super low downs.  Today, I want to talk about the downs.  For the first time in my life I am no...