Monday, November 5, 2018

November - Day 5 - Texas



I am thankful for the state of Texas. It is awesome.

Ok, I'm kidding, I am sure Texas is awesome, but what I am thankful for was an amazing trip I got to take this year with my Mom and Aunts to Texas.  We loaded up and over a week drove about 2,000 miles. The purpose of the trip was to visit my Great Uncle Bennie, but in our fashion we made a full road trip out of it.




We laughed, we cried, and we laughed until we cried.  We unloaded about the things in life that weigh us down and the fierce loyalty and support they provide is amazing to see.  These women have molded me into everything I am today.




There is hardly anything in my life that I can not look at and not think, "yeah I get that from (fill in the blank).  My love for animals and nature, Aunt Sheila.  My joy from doing nice things for people and showing compassion, Aunt Debbie. My love of fitness, Aunt Cheryl.  My work ethic and desire to please, My Mom. And on and on I could go.

I feel so incredibly blessed that as I have gotten older these women have transitioned from being my Aunts and have all become my beloved friends.  I do not fear getting older because I have seen these amazing ladies all become more and more amazing as the years go by.  My only wish is to be half of what they are.

So to these ladies, thank you for loving me and thank you for letting me be a part of something so special! Here is too many more years of adventures.

All the love,
Amanda



No comments:

Let's Talk About Being Broken

 This year has had some amazing ups and some super low downs.  Today, I want to talk about the downs.  For the first time in my life I am no...