Saturday, November 3, 2018

November - Day 3 - SeraPhina



 Day 3, lets see, they say it takes 21 days to form a habit so only 18 more days and this blogging thing will be just a normal part of my routine....haha.

The third thing I am thankful for this year is my puppy, SeraPhina.  Sera just turned the big one on October 30th (her estimated birthday).  I adopted her toward the end of January after looking at the shelters for weeks and weeks, honestly it was a few months.  I had made it part of my weekend routine to hit all the local shelters to look for a new baby to add to our family. Each weekend I would head home heartbroken and my husband begged me to stop going because it was making me so sad.

We had lost our other sweet dog, SidaLeigh, in the Fall and I had grieved her terribly.  She had been my ride or die buddy since I moved out of my parents house and became an adult (or tried to become an adult, still working on that one).  She was the last gift my much beloved Papaw gave me and I was heartbroken when she passed.

I knew I needed just the right dog to add to our mix.  I knew I wanted a female and that she had to get along with our cats. I also knew I wanted a rescue if at all possible.  On a Thursday night, Sera's (then named Susie) picture was posted on the Elmore County Humane Shelter page.  I instantly fell in love.  I made plans to leave work early the next day so I could be first in line to meet her.  As soon as they brought her to me, I knew she was the puppers I had been looking for.  What I did not know was that the docile and quiet baby I held in my arms had been fixed the day before and she was still drugged a little.  Her full personality began to shine in the coming days.  She is a pistol as my Grandma would have said.  She keeps me on my toes, makes me laugh, and demands I stop working and play with her on a regular basis.  She has been the perfect little companion for me this year.
 
Thank you Sera for being my puppers, I love you and all your crazy!

Lots of love,
Amanda 




No comments:

Let's Talk About Being Broken

 This year has had some amazing ups and some super low downs.  Today, I want to talk about the downs.  For the first time in my life I am no...