Friday, November 2, 2018

November - Day 2 - Teaching



It is November the 2nd and I am writing by second blog post this month.  I am slaying this writing thing (insert sarcastic, funny hashtag here).

The second thing I am thankful for this year is my teaching job.  That's correct folks, I am an edumacator.

For years and years I had wanted to teach as an adjunct instructor for a college or university.  I really had no idea how to get started in the field, so I would randomly apply whenever I saw a posting for a position available.

In the Summer of 17,  I got an email requesting a phone interview with one of the schools I had applied for.  Long story short, that Winter, I was offered the position and I started teaching HR classes for a Christian University a couple of weeks before the big layoff.

I am now teaching my 10th, 11th, and 12th class of the year.  I have learned so much and I have seen God move so many times.  Just when I would need a little divine intervention (in the way of money if I am being honest) I would get an extra class or an extra assignment. Things just kept working out time and time again.

It has not been easy adjusting from a 'normal job', and there would be days when I would almost loose it to an anxiety attack worried about how things would work out.  But each time, these verses would come to my brain and I would remember that there was a greater force at work:

26 Look at the birds in the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet                                             your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  - Matthew 6: 26-27

So as I sit here on a Friday night, with a pile of papers to read and grade before the end of the day tomorrow. I just have to take a moment to say how very blessed I have been to have this job and have the opportunity to interact with my students.  God is good y'all. 

Love and hugs,
Amanda 

No comments:

Let's Talk About Being Broken

 This year has had some amazing ups and some super low downs.  Today, I want to talk about the downs.  For the first time in my life I am no...