Sunday, February 14, 2021

When it Fails

 The last week + I have been a bit distracted because I was chasing one of my goals. We were trying to buy a small lake cabin for our family. I found a place and despite my best intentions, I fell in love with it.  Lake property is very competitive here so I knew that the deal could fall apart at any moment.  Needless to say, it did.  A competitor came in at the last moment and their offer beat ours and they got the property.  I am disappointed even though I know this is part of God's plan.  

I see the beauty in disappointment though.  Here is the why….it lets you know what you really want. If I had not cared when we lost the offer, I would have known that I did not really want the house.  But because I am sad and disappointed, I know it is something I cared about.    

Today I was working in my little storage shed (yes, it is a she-shed) and I started making a box of things to take to the lake cabin.  Wait, you did not get the cabin, what are you thinking?  I know this is something I want to achieve, so I am preparing for when it is time to do it.  I am not going to give up, I am just going to wait for another opportunity to come our way.

Have a great week! 


No comments:

Let's Talk About Being Broken

 This year has had some amazing ups and some super low downs.  Today, I want to talk about the downs.  For the first time in my life I am no...